How to install Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a popular Linux distribution used for penetration testing and security research. To install Kali Linux, you will need to do the following steps:
- Download the Kali Linux ISO image from the official website: https://www.kali.org/downloads/
- Create a bootable USB drive or DVD with the ISO image. You can use a tool like Rufus (for Windows) or dd (for Linux) to create the bootable media.
- Insert the bootable USB drive or DVD into the computer you want to install Kali Linux on, and reboot the computer.
- Press the appropriate key to enter the boot menu (usually F12 or F8) and select the USB drive or DVD as the boot device.
- Once the Kali Linux boot menu appears, select the “Graphical Install” option to begin the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to select your preferred language, location, keyboard layout, and partitions.
- Once the installation is complete, remove the USB drive or DVD, and reboot the computer.
- After the reboot you will be prompted to log in, use the username and password that you set during the installation
Please note that installing Kali Linux may erase any data on your computer, so be sure to back up any important files before proceeding. Also, Kali Linux is a penetration testing distro and it should be used in a controlled environment, it is not recommended to use it as your everyday operating system.